FISH Safety Foundation
The FISH Safety Foundation is the result of over 20 years of work, training and research within the maritime sector. As a Registered Charitable Trust, our sole focus is directed towards improving health and safety outcomes in Fishing.
The Foundation is an independent non-profit organisation engaged in safety promotion, research, advocacy, education, lobbying and publishing services. We are dedicated to improving health & safety standards in the global Fishing Industry – an industry recognised as the most hazardous in the World.
When we talk of safety, we mean safety from work-related physical harm or death, safety from preventable illness and disease, and safety from exploitation – very simply, safety from the abuse of basic human rights, whatever form that takes.
Despite the increasing focus on safety over recent years, there has been– until now- a lack of coordinated effort in safety promotion within the fishing industry on an international level. By acting as an Industry voice, the FISH Safety Foundation allows for a synergistic approach to combating industry statistics.
Objectives & Purpose
- Promoting a culture of Safety within all aspects of fishing.
- Undertaking focussed research in an effort to provide practical and useable knowledge.
- Keeping the community informed with the latest news, developments, guidelines and protocols.
- Providing Health and Safety training and consultancy services, with practical help, advice and support.
- Encouraging the discussion of views, experiences, and procedures between everyone within the community in an effort to develop best practice protocols.